Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development in Cuba/International Conference
Sponsored by the Cuban Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment
July 6 – 10, 2015
Extended Program: July 3 – 12
You are invited to participate in the Tenth Biannual International Conference on Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development to be held in Havana, Cuba, July 6 – 10, 2015. Also to join the extended program July 3 – 12.
If you would like to attend just the Conference we recommend arriving by the morning of July 6 and departing the afternoon of July 10. You can register for the conference online, submit abstracts for presentation, and reserve your hotel space. Eco Cuba Network can help with your Miami-Havana flight. All the information you need is here.
The instructions for submitting abstracts for the conference are on the CITMA website: http://www.cubambiente.com/index.php?module=abstracts/send_abstract_form. Apparently you will be able to do this online this year. (Click on the small British flag in the upper left of each page to get the English translation of each page.)
If you would like to join the extended program as well, please contact Pam Montanaro of Eco Cuba Network to receive more information on how to submit the registration form and on the practical and logistical aspects of the tour.
The fee for the extended program and conference (land only): $2700
The fee for the charter flight and visa: $500
- Round trip Miami-Havana charter flight
- Cuban visa
- Required Cuban health insurance
- Double room accommodations in 3 or 4 star hotel
- Two meals per day
- Conference fee
- Full program
- Honoraria to scheduled speakers
- Guide and translator
- Transportation to all scheduled events
- Bottled water and other beverages
- One meal per day
- Gratuities and tips
- Purchases of a personal nature
Possible Program Highlights:
- City tour of Havana and Old Havana with sustainable urban developer and city historian
- Trek in Ciénaga de Zapata biosphere reserve (the largest wetlands in the Caribbean) or in the Sierra de los Rosarios biosphere reserve
- Panel discussions with Cuban environmental scientists and policy makers
- Overview of Cuba's political, economic and social policy and practice, historically and currently
- Site visits according to group interest to sites of interest in the fields of environmental and social sustainable development, including health and education, issues of gender, race and class, etc
- Cultural options
How to Register:
Please review the CITMA Registration Form below and email Pam Montanaro or call at 510-318-4910 for further instructions on submitting the registration form. The CITMA 2015 Orientation Packet, linked below, contains the practical and logistical information on this Cuba trip.
Cuba travel for Eco Cuba Network tours, including the flight, visa and required Cuban health insurance, is arranged by Marazul Charters, a Cuba Travel Service Provider with over 40 years experience arranging Cuba travel for professional, educational, cultural, and "people to people" delegations to research every aspect of Cuban life.
We must receive your application and a non-refundable deposit of $500 by two months before departure, preferably upon registration. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Full payment is due 6 – 8 weeks before departure.
Participants should also allow at least $50 – 100 per day for personal expenses and non-covered items, the flight to Miami from your home city, and one overnight stay in Miami the night before departure for Cuba.